Leadership for Great Neighborhoods
It is our Vision that Seattle is a national leader in developing models for smart, sustainable growth. To do so, we believe that:
- Urban neighborhoods designated to absorb growth are given the zoning and design tools to ensure that development is attractive, pedestrian friendly and contribute to a thriving community; and
- Growth is thoughtfully sited along transit nodes/corridors and in urban centers, with an appropriate mix of building heights and types; and
- Neighborhoods are provided the resources and amenities to be walkable, bikable, and fully integrated with transit; and
- Ample, mixed-income housing choices are available throughout the city; and
- Public investments (libraries, community center, schools, and open space) are directed to neighborhoods taking the greatest growth – which really means more people.
It is our mission to work together across neighborhood boundaries to affect change in the areas of smart growth, sustainable development, density, affordable housing, and maximizing transit opportunities in order to achieve holistic, integrated neighborhoods that can thrive for years to come.
To see the PowerPoint click here (6 MB PDF).